Accessibility: Pet-Friendly Hotel in Stowe
Accessibility During Hotel Booking
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on firstname.lastname@example.org regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, Field Guide Lodge is committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease. To search for guest room availability, click here.
Our hotel has the appropriate policies, best practices, and procedures in place to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms.
As part of our reservation processes, we:
- Modify our policies, practices, or procedures to ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations for accessible guest rooms during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need accessible rooms
- Identify and describe accessible features at our place of lodging and guest rooms offered through our reservations system in enough detail to reasonably permit individuals with disabilities to assess independently whether a given place of lodging or guest room meets his/her accessibility needs
- Ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented and the accessible room requested is the only remaining room of that type
- Reserve, upon request, accessible guest rooms or specific types of guest rooms and ensure that the guest rooms requested are blocked and removed from all reservations systems
- Guarantee that the specific accessible guest room reserved through our reservations system is held for the reserving guest, regardless of whether a specific room is held in response to reservations made by others.
If you require any assistance with booking your reservation, please contact us directly via email, phone, or social media, which you will find in the footer of our web site pages.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at email@example.com.
To learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) click here.
Hotel Website Accessibility Features
This hotel website for Field Guide Lodge is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
ADA Accessibility Features at Field Guide
Field Guide hotel in Stowe is committed to accommodating the needs of all our guests, and we strive to provide visitors with an accessible, barrier-free lodging experience.
Please note that we are currently making accessibility enhancements to our website. Below you’ll find relevant information outlining some of the physical ADA accessibility features at our property. If you have any questions about these, or to make reservations or ask any questions, please contact us at (802) 253-8088.
- One (1) fully ADA accessible King Suite guest room (TRAIL HOUSE – KING SUITE ADA) available to book online or by phone
- The front desk and lobby are accessible via ramp. The pool and hot tub are not ADA accessible.
- The entrance to the Trail House building is accessible via ramp.
- Most rooms require the use of stairs, though 3 King Suites in the Trail House do not - please call to request one of these rooms if required for mobility reasons
While we do not have ADA reserved parking spaces on site, we have a large parking lot with plenty of spaces. We are happy to reserve a space close to the entrance or your room if required and reserved in advance of your stay.
ADA-Accessible Guest Room Features
- Compliant guest room bathroom facilities with walk-in showers
- Shower benches and rails
- Wheelchair accessible doors, closets, and sinks
- Compliant clear space throughout guest rooms